Sex after childbirth?

I'm sure I'm not the only one having a hard time with having sex after giving birth. But it's been 9 months. What I can I do to make it not hurt so much? I had to have an episotimy if that helps any.

Gaberielle

Asked by Gaberielle at 5:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• lubrication...I have the same problem and my dr said try lub. She said KY is not a good one though I forgot the names of other ones but its worth a try.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree, try lubrication. I think my husband interpreted it as I wasn't getting excited enough, but it's hormones--especially when I was breastfeeding. Hopefully it will get better for all of us.
    Anonymous

• They're right...lubrication. You need more time now to get aroused and ready for penetration. Also, if you don't use it you lose it...so in other words if you're not having sex often it's going to hurt. The more often you do it, the less it will hurt. (unless you're doing it 10x a day LOL!!
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 6:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you're having problems with desire you need to masterbate atleast once a day. I know it sounds funny, but it will bring your sex drive back into play. I'm a passion consultant, if you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'd love to help!
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 6:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I didn't know breastfeeding had anything to do with it >.< I EBF my 9MO, lol
    Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 9:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• BF also has something to do with "keeping you dry". Lube it up baby! I talked with my midwife after my 2nd child (when I was really having problems with this) and she prescribed me some estrogen cream to use vaginally. It doesn't get into your system really (so it won't effect your milk) but it "gets the juices flowing."
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008