Anyone else's DH home?

DH was laid off 2 1/2 years ago from his job, and he's been laid off from 2 other jobs since then. I can't wait until he gets a job again and he's not making my house a mess! The good news is that it's allowed me to go to school full time.
Anyone else going through this?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 6:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH is a SAHD. He worked for a while and it caused a stress meltdown that sent him to the hospital. He returned to work and had a heart attack at the age of 34 because of the stress. Now he is a Beta tester for a video game company which is way less stressful for him and he gets to do what every man dreams of...play video games all the freaking day! =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my dh was unemployed for 6mos last year, waiting for 'all the right things to get into place'...and they did. thank god! i must say, the financials were strained and it was stressful, but i really got used to him doing housework and other things that usually got left to the weekend hours. (i was working fulltime.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• no but I am the one at home and I need a job :(
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• dullscissors, at least yours did housework! I wish mine did that! Some of it hurts him (he had a back injury 10 years ago that is irreparable), but part of it is that he just doesn't see what I see that needs to be done. Sometimes he's good about doing what I ask him to do, but I don't want to make him feel like the hired help. It's frustrating at the same time how much time he spends on the couch.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010