how would i know if when baby head is down.?

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i felt alot more kicks in my rib area
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you feel your baby hiccup then you can tell by where you feel the rythmic heartbeat like thumps.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well i still fell kicks in the bottom or on the side, so she prolly is breech still???
    guera1977

Comment by guera1977 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You can feel the position from the outside with some practice. The head is easy to feel when it's down. Lie on your back and feel very low in your abdomen. You can press kind of hard. Try to cup it. Kicks in the ribs are a good sign that Baby is head down. Kicks in the bottom or side, like you're having, are signs Baby is still breech. Hopefully, Baby will develop a sense of direction before labor kicks in! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• they can also punch with their hands/ arms, and you'll feel those to the side. Head bobbing on the bladder is a good indication! lol! More slow and methodical. But, yeah, you can palpate to find parts. Head and butt can feel kind of the same, but react differently when pressed on. I used to find any part of her that I could and press until she responded. It was my favorite game to play with her. Eventually, I identified her parts and started figuring out what she was doing in there.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 7:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• iam 35 weeks pregnant and im just tryin gto know what position she is in!
    guera1977

Comment by guera1977 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I couldn't tell, my daughter was breech. But I felt her turn! It was a huge movement! Really intense. The next time I went to the doctor we found out she was breech. She never turned back.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010