how do i get my son to not wake up and play during the nite

proudmommy358

Asked by proudmommy358 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there any way to keep the toys out of his room...until he gets past this phase? Also, make sure he is really tired when he goes to sleep at night. Kids seem to get themselves into routines so easily, but if you can break the routine for just a couple of nights, I think it may stop.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 6:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• how old is your child my 6 month old does that too....
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• how old is he?? Take away or lessen nap times.
    Or wake him up a bit earlier. He may be getting too much sleep, and therefore not sleeping more at night.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sounds like typical day/night confusion. The best way to combat this is to reset his internal clock. Make sure during the day the house is as bright as possible, windows open. Boisterous play should END about two hours before bedtime. Instill "quiet time" for the last couple of hours of the day. Keep the TV off, lights low, and keep voices to a minimum. Start a nightly routine before bed, and keep it relgiously. :)
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 7:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would always wake up to the sound of my babies either playing w/a stuffed toy or singing to themselves. Once I could hear that they didn't need anything I could go back to sleep. It just subsided on its own. Two out of my three (the night singers) are really good sleepers now at ages 2 & 9.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Shorten his naps during the day. He'll need his sleep at night that way. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I never allowed my son to play at night. Never let him get into teh habit. And I don't keep any toys in his crib. If he wanted up, he got put in his baby swing while I slept on the coach.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 9:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008