What is your understanding of Pslams 146: 3-4?

"Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there. When they breathe their last, they return to the earth, and all their plans die with them."

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Instead of us always placing our confidences in Man that don't always have our best interest at heart at times, our true dependene should be place AT ALL TIMES in God b/c He's always there for us and He will never let us down.blowing kisses

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's pretty self explanatory. Our trust shouldn't be in people, it should be in God. Human beings are finite and putting our trust in something finite will always produce disappointment when they die. God however is infinite and cannot die, and thus is the surest place to put out trust.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with mhaney03, it means you can't depend or put your trust in a person. Everyone dies and when they do, all their plans die with them. You need to put your trust in God because He is Eternal and He will never let you down.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 7:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• don't put your faith in others to solve your problems, it's between you and God.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Even though we are to respect the government and follow the rules, we are not to put our God-given faith into those who "rule." They cannot save you, nor protect you. They aren't any more immortal than you are, and just like everything you built into your life, theirs will perish too.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wow this explains this very well from the beginning of the commentary.

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=ps&chapter=146

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, put your trust in God and seek his guidance for your life. This should also apply at church, just because the Pastor says it we need to check with God's word to know it for sure. Men of God are still just men.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Perhaps it is also a warning against putting too much trust in god as well as wealthy or powerful humans. He supposedly has more power than any creature on earth. After all, in the end, who CAN you trust except the one person you know best? YOU! And that's what I get. I must believe in myself, because I don't really have anything if I don't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010