am i wrong

Just want to know what you think about this. I just got in fight with my roommate. He wanted to play a video game in the living room while my two year old was still up. normally i don't care but this game that he wanted to play was a very violent and bloody game that has adult language in it. I told him that when my son goes to bed i don't care if he plays the game but there some things that right now I don't think my son should see or hear. He got mad at me and snapped at me and stormed out of the room. So was right in asking him not to play that game in front of my child?

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have done the same thing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm with you. That's the sacrifice he has to deal with if he's going to live with someone with a kid. Otherwise, he can play with the volume down in his room. He needs to get over it or get out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You were right!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Protect the baby. They don't call us Mama Bear for nothing! He'll just have to get over it and play something else, or wait a couple hours... or go into another room! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Is he paying half the utilites and half the rent? If so, maybe you should take your son on a walk after you find out how long he'll be using the television.

If he's only paying for a room and using your stuff, then you should be able to tactfully request that violent games are played only after 7 p.m.

Good Luck in smoothing out his hurt feelings!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would have done the same as well.
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• he pay's maybe a third of rent he doesn't pay for food except for things he buys for himself he doesn't pay for cable internet electric or fuel. He doesn't help around the house but he has no issue in making a mess. When he moved in he knew that i don't let any violent video games movies or tv shows in the living room when my son is awake. He had two hours today where he could of played cause my son and I weren't home but he didn't play. He is always calling me names in front of my son. Last night in front of my son he told me to get off my fat ass and do something. My husband wants to kick him out or we move out but i'm trying to work things out. I don't want him to end up homeless. He is 22 but most of the time he acts like he 13.
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would have done the same thing, regarding the video game deal. Is this a relative? Even if so, I know women are usually more empathetic, however I feel you might have a hand in enabling him. I side with you on the video game playing, but agree with your husband that this guy needs to get out of your house. He obviously will continue this behavior if you allow him to stay. Sure, jobs are tough, but he can do SOMETHING, even if it's a low paying job. Then he can share a place with a roommate. (If he can find one to put up with his laziness and disrespectful attitude). Best of luck - let us know how it turns out.
    Jennifer49

Answer by Jennifer49 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ahhh!! We had a roomie like that. Childish and selfish in his own way. Instead of disrespectful, he was more disregarding. Either way, he had to go. Calling you names? REALLY?!?! Time to go.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 7:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• As for his homelessness, he is in compete control over his situation. He'd have a secure place to stay if he was more respectful of the situation and people. YOU are not making him homeless, he's making himself homeless.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 7:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010