how much was the most amount of weight that you have gained!! what did you do to get rid of it!

and how long have u kept it off

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i know pregnancy is an excuse lol but I gained 60 pregnancy pounds which is over the recommended weight gain. I was 145 pre pregnancy and my heighest was 206 lbs at 9 months. I was down to 186 at my post partum checkup, almost a month after the birth. It's bee a little over 2 years and I am down to 160. Very proud of my weight loss! I have been eating healthy, replaced junk food with healthy alternatives (but I will treat myself to something junky once in a while), I am physically active with ds and I workout almost every day. Even if it's light mommy and me exercise/stretches or a good and sweaty cardio workout, as long as I am moving and feeling "the burn" I feel I accomplished exercise lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well i was 186 when i got pregnant, 240 after, then i went down to 200, then up to 280 and now im 230.... so i dont know how to get rid of it! ive been trying but the weight just wont come off, my body is telling me 'no'

i lost the last 50 with weight watchers though, i think i need to give my body a break
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I gained 40 pounds with my daughter over 11 years ago and I lost it slowly, drinking water, going for walks and eating right. When I lost the first 20 pounds. I joined a cardio class and the rest of the pounds came off fast. Now I've been taken pilates and I love it
    reemimegamom

Answer by reemimegamom at 7:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was 155 when I got pregnant, 200 when I delivered, and 180 a week after.. 2 years later Im at 158, trying to get to 150 though. I did weight watchers for a month and lost 15 lbs.. Then gained 10 of it back. Finally after two years Im nearly what I was pre-pregnancy, but pretty much I did it by eating smaller portions, eating healthier foods and exercising. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have always been a larger framed woman. It runs in my family. At one point in my life I was close to 300 pounds and wearing a size 24 to 26. I decided to stop smoking, was depressed about my marriage and was having problems with my diabetes so I began taking walks I went down to a size 12-14 (depending on the way the clothes are made) and it's been five years now that I have kept it off. I also eat better then back then but not always.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ok the most I have ever gained is in this pregnancy.I have gained over 30 lbs. How I plan to lose weight is how I have lost weight when I was training for the marine corps. I was 170 lbs and within 2 months I was less than 150 lbs. I did it by lots of running. I would run 3 miles in the mouring. Then come home and watch fit tv and do about 2 or 3 hours of the shows they have on there. Then I would do excercises that I learned being in the pooley program. O and I would only eat 1500 calories a day. I watched my carbs. But you need them. The most important thing to stay away from is saturated fat and things like that. Avoid them because they do not burn off as easy.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I usually weigh 160. After having my last 3, i kinda did;nt care after that. I know that's probably the wrong thing to say with this question but i'm being honest. Now i weigh 200!!! I don't like it at all so i've started walking every morning if it's not raining. It's 41 degrees outside now, that wakes you up! LOL no coffee required
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 9:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The day before I gave birth to our son, he was born Jan 31st 2010, I was about 191lbs. I now weigh 123lbs, and have been at this weight since the end of July. I started a 'clean diet' in May and I love it! I feel so much better and it seemed to make the weight melt off. I just googled 'clean eating recipes' and found some really yummy stuff. For some of the recipes I had to learn to love veggies that I previously thought I hated : -)
    Mommy2Jolee

Answer by Mommy2Jolee at 5:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I went up to 40lbs over what i normally am after I finished nursing my second born. It just took off. Perhaps because I was learning the art of home made pasta that year;)

I realized something had to change the day I was out of breath simply walking across a parking lot. That was enough for me!

I changed it by just simply being more active, and portion controlling. Not like a maniac, just eating "like a lady" not like a man. haha
    I can keep up with any guy when it comes to eating;) Then I started adding cardio that was fun. After a while, added strength and fitness..... Kept going from there.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i gained 40 lbs after giving birth, i started working out when my daugther was a year old and lost 30 out of the 40, by doing the workouts on cable tv. got pregnant and i need to loose it again lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010