Sick during pregnancy?

I have a dry cough, stuffed nose and lots of sneezing, is it okay to take something for it? If so what can I take?

SnowFlake76

Asked by SnowFlake76 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I usually suffer through colds so I don't knwo what is safe but I know there are a few cold/flu meds that are safe, give your nurse a quick call and maybe get the flu shot... that's safe!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Really, nothing. You could try some benadryl, but it'll make you awfully tired. I had a HORRIBLE cold a few weeks ago. Hot water with fresh squeezed lemon and honey helped sooth my throat and cough. Also, a cold mist humidifier will help with the sinuses.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• NO BENADRYL! You can take Tylenol or Sudafed... thats it. I hope you feel better.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My doctor gave me a list of medicines that were okay to take -- they include -- Robitussin, Sudafed, Cough drops, Tylenol, etc. (Make sure you get the Sudafed from behind the counter, the Sudafed PE and Sudafed 24 are not the same thing) I know a girlfriend of mine was allowed to take Benadryl, but I canlt find my list to see if its on my doctors approved list.   When in doubt I look on safefetus.com to see how the FDA has rated it's risks for the baby ---

http://www.safefetus.com/

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008