let's try this again: what is the average cost of hiring a painter (interior)?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 7:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It really depends on what all needs to be done...trim? crown moulding? window frames and sills? is there wallpaper anywhere? If so, that's going to add a lot to the cost because it's very detailed and time-consuming. If it's just rolling the walls over existing paint, it should be only a couple hundred per room for a decent company. With trim/moulding/windows, you may be looking at anywhere from $500-$1000 per room, depending on the variations in size and such. Also, some companies lower the price per room if you're doing a whole house VS one or two areas.
    My husband and I HATE painting, and it takes us forever to do it, and it doesn't look like a professional job when we finish, so for us, it's totally worth it to hire a pro to do ours.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• about 500 bucks or more. depending on how big the house and how many rooms need to be painted ect.
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• holy crap.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have done my own painting--the kitchen, the living room,dining room two bedrooms,two bathrooms and the laundry room,and if I can do it, anybody can! Seriously! 9 foot ceilings. BIG rooms. Lots of furniture to move,etc. The whole deal.
    Just go to Home Depot and ask for help---they answer all your questions and their BEHR pain is the BEST
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010