• In the Spotlight:

Potty Training Tips

i need potty training for both a girl and a boy. Ive read the books but i just want to hear some actual success stories any advice would help!!

sep_10_07

Asked by sep_10_07 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i let my kids potty train themselves i learned they do it when they are ready
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Well, my 2 yr old son LOVES the ring thing you put on your "big" potty. They are like 15 bucks anywhere... they are where the potty chairs are but they are great. You don't have to clean out a nasty potty chair, the mess goes right down in the toliet. He loves watching himself pee and flushing. We use a step stool, he puts his ring on pulls the stool over, gets on, pees and take the stool over to the sink to wash his hands. I'd REALLY try it. Just keep taking hima nd putting them on it and telling them to pee, then when they do... make a huge deal!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• LOL if you waited until they are ready, you might have 4 yr olds in diapers. I think you can always introduce it to them and push it along a little bit
    Anonymous

• Whenever you start, put them in underwear. No pull-ups, pull-ups keep kids untrained til they are 3 1/2! They need to have accidents and have to stop and change clothes and cleanup in order to train. Praise all sucesses! Good luck to you!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• When my twins, boy and girl) were old enough, of course we had talked to them and showed them what to do, and how to do it. We just started putting underwear on them. It's a little messy at first, but after awhile, they will understand. You just have to be consistent.
    Mom63601

Answer by Mom63601 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I just have to say that the method that my mom used with me and my sisters worked, and I have used it on my daughter and she is now potty trained at 15 mos. I first started putting her on it at about 7 mos when she could sit up by herself. After every meal I put her on her potty and about a month and a half later she understood. Now she only uses diapers if we go somewhere and for the night.
    amerchik4eva

Answer by amerchik4eva at 1:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008