Is Ovaltine healthy for kids?

I give it to my two year old to make chocolate milk... instead of using chocolate syrup

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes, its safe during pregnancy...actually I think its even caffeine free (either nesquick or ovaltine is...Don't really remember which, but its so little I doubt it would make a difference anyway). And if your son isn't getting it multiple times a day, there isn't much to worry about...they are going to get sugar from somewhere, it might as well be from a source that gives you all those vitamins too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You've still go to watch the sugar, but its got a lot more vitamins and minerals than using chocolate syrup. Definitely better than many of the alternatives.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• He's getting about 9 grams per sippy cup and I only give it to him once in a while.... well maybe like once a day, no more than that
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's always been marketed as having more vitamins and minerals than Nesquik, but I'm not sure about the validity of that =] It's certainly healthier and much better tasting than just chocolate syrup though. I LOVE Ovaltine. Now I want some. Oh lord. O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I think it's safe for pregnancy too right?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008