Do you childproof your dinner conversations?

Excerpt from article by Posted by Jeremy Greenberg
Link to full article: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-parenting/the-family-room-blog-post.aspx?post=c16f8056-8e83-4173-8f50-e18022ecf52e

In the olden days, back before I would walk into the bathroom to find a post-pooped toddler crouching down in the “wipe me” position, my wife and I would talk about the day’s events. No topic was off limits. Everything from sex scandals to overseas conflicts would complement our meals. But now we’ve got two toddler sponge-minds, sitting in between us like tennis judges. If I try to serve a “When is Lindsay Lohan going to kick the coke?,” it will definitely land outside the lines. I’ve actually found myself trying to talk about the day’s events in a code.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes. We wouldn't share anything sexually graphic or anything like that. But casual dinner conversation has led to the kids learning some interesting stuff that would otherwise never have come up in conversation... can't shelter them from everything forever!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yes,we did!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, sometimes I make my son leave the room. Or we talk in code.
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I didn't so much when they were little because they never remember but by the 6th grade I did watch what was talked about and save it for when they weren't around
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Me and my husband talk in code if we have something to say at the dinner table that our children don't need to hear. Or we save it for later when they are all asleep.
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 9:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010