I'm scared to pray out loud, help?

Any suggestions...? Even with just my Hubby. I know he would never make fun of me or anything but I'm so scared... I talk to God all the time, in my head or alone out loud

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• just say what's on your heart. just talk to God like you'd talk to your best friend. try walking outside, in your yard, or around the block, and speaking to God, out loud not so much that the neighbors will think you've lost your mind (lol), but in your normal speaking voice. i think so many people are afraid they will come off as stupid, and their prayers will be annoying...we're so used to hearing others pray out loud that are used to it(ministers, teachers,laypersons, etc) and they are comfortable (or seem to be) doing so. you can't compare your prayers to someone elses. God doesn't. He hears only you. just do it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Don't feel bad. I gave my heart to the Lord about a year ago and I am still shy about that. EVEN with my hubby. So dont feel like the lone ranger.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I usually pray in my head too. I'm working on praying outloud. ;) Have no fear, I'm sure He wants to hear the effort you put into actually talking to Him. Don't let it embarrass you. Just ask your hubby if he minds if you both pray outloud, and take turns.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I started with saying the blessing before a meal with my children. It's easy and helps to get you warmed up to the idea.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Peace...pray for Him to give you peace..GIrl, then open that heart and mouth of let'er fly! Ha! The more you pray out loud you will get use to it. You might even try praying out loud yourself at first. Remember it is you praying to your Heavenly Father. A conversation with you and your Creator. You might even start by making a prayer journal. Start out simple and work your way up.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Any one have good quick prayers to practice???
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• it takes time and practice. I remember when I had a hard time too. Don't let fear grip you!! Just start with thanksgiving to God and whatever ever else you want to lift up. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• IMO, prayer shouldn't need to be said aloud so others can hear you pray. It's not their business what you are praying about or even that you are praying. If you are comfortable doing it in your head or alone, then do it that way.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008