When does the crying subside?

My daughter is 2 1/2 months and still has some major crying fits. She doesn't cry to the point of calling her colicy, but just has moments that she just cries. I know that babies cry and I expect her to sometimes (hungry, bored, soiled, needs to be held, etc.). I am wondering if there is age that you felt your baby started to cry less? I think that maybe as she gets older and can be more interested in toys and such, I will see a difference. Any thoughts?

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Auria has pretty much stopped her random crying spells.. but she's also learned that when she cries she gets attention, so she has started fussing when I turn away from her. She usually stops in a couple minutes. From my daycare experience, most kids stop crying for attention by about 7 months when they start moving.. but the crying is more and more infrequent from about 3-4 months on.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• sometimes if your baby isnt colicky then they just need to relaese some energy- that is what i read in a parenting book anyways, an d i believe it
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• part of it is getting older and having a little more of an attention spand. but part of it is getting used to your baby and being able to know what they need before they cry.
    Anonymous

• LOL my oldest is 7, and I'm still waiting for the crying and whining to end. :) The crying you're talking about though lasts basically up until 8 or 9 mos in my experience.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 7:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Babies cry. Then they grow up and become whiney toddlers ;)
    Anonymous

• My son will be 3 months tomorrow and I've noticed in the past few weeks he's been crying less. Granted, he still cries when he wants to be held or picked up which seems like all the time! But he doesn't seem to cry nearly as much. Now when he cries it's either due to hunger, boredom, sleepiness, or occassionally gas and I'm finally learning to differentiate between them! Since he's much more alert now he's beginning to entertain himself even if it's only for a while ;-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Ohh and is she sitting up while supported with pillows or something yet? I noticed that as soon as my son was able to do that he was looking around more which seemed to keep him occupied cuz yeah, like you said once their able to focus and look around at their toys and such they do seem to cry less. Good luck!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008