How can I get my husband to understand that I need him emotionally right know?

I currently five months pregnant and every since my husband found out he has been kind of distance. I understand that he is the only one working full time third shift right know(because my job laid me off once I told them I was high risk pregnancy)and he and I are both going to school full time. So Mon-Fri he works thirds shift and go to school and Sat he goes to hang out with his friends leaving me in the house alone. Sunday pretty much him catching up on his DVR football games and homework assign. I dont have any family in the city I live in so I am kind of lonely most of the time and before i met him four years ago I had all male freinds, which I cut out because He didnt like it so I really dont have any friends (trust me I tried the female thing it didnt work out). How can I get him just to be more romantic and be there for me emotionally or am I being a little to needy. ( I tried telling him already.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• i would go home to my parents house if possible and have him miss me a bit. sorry i wish i had a better solution.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I understand your feelings but he is a MAN. They do not show love and emotions the way we do. First, He is stressed out. To him, the situation is not right to bring a child into. You might need to comfort him a little to ease his worrying then he might come around. And open up to you. To be honest, pray on this and let him know that yall need each other. And you should meet some friends, get out a little enjoy the pregnancy. Kids are a blessing, everybody is not blessed with them!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He could be around Saturday- a bit on Sunday, but doesn't have time during the week? Sounds like he could be there for you much more than he is...Let him know - it's the little things, the few moments here and there that he CAN spend, hold your hand, talk to you, call you from work on his break- any small thing, that would mean alot right now, EVEN if it's bringing home a bib for the baby! Unfortunately, you got rid of friends that could have been a big help to you, so you may resent that you don't have them or family around and yes, be a needy pregnant, and anxious woman. So? What do you do for you? He can't be everything- and it sounds like you both are far too stressed and busy lately, but catching up on DVR sports games, instead of spending time with his woman? SERIOUSLY? tell him not to take all this for granted because it may well one day - not be there for him!
    It's up to you though, if you don't wanna push it
    dawnf69

Answer by dawnf69 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010