There goes my hero...

who is your hero and why?

gypsyjewels

Asked by gypsyjewels at 8:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ina May Gaskin because of what she has done in this country and the world, spreading the truth about midwives and homebirths. She is absolutely amazing in my opinion.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Right now it is my Grandmother. She is 83 years old and was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer this past summer. She is an amazing woman with the biggest heart and she is fighting this thing with everything in her. Even though she is sometimes in pain and often exhausted she is always upbeat and smiling. She spends as much time as possible with her grandchildren and actually makes me smile all the time I am around her. She is the most amazing woman and I am so proud to call her my grandmother. She faces each day with dignity and bravery never knowing which one will be her last. She is my hero.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Eleanor Roosevelt for her wisdom and generous spirit. People recognize her more for her famously unglamorous face than her impact on our country.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had a lot of admiration for Mother Theresa.....she was strong and selfless...as well as practical...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with you Anna Mother Theresa is mine also.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 9:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have had quite a few but as I get older I realize my dad really was something! I always thought so as his daughter but I see him through the eyes of an adult now and have grown to know just what an incredible person he was in his own right! He died when I was in my early 20's just as we were starting the adult child to parent relationship. My mother too was a remarkable person. When she passed, I found letters and things of my dad's that she had kept all these years and I learned so much more and remembered so much more about him as someone other than Dad!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my hero is all canadain soldiers that fought for our freedom
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010