What's a troll?

I don't mean the little troll that lives under a bridge on Dora....I mean here, when someone posts something and then someone else responds "I smell a troll"....uh what? What's that mean???

MonkeyMomma07

Asked by MonkeyMomma07 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• lol! Dora.

A 'troll' is a really really annoying jerk that comes on here just to stir up crap. It's a term used all over the internet, not just on CafeMom. They like to annoy people and piss people off. Usually, they disappear just as quickly as they appear.

You usually can tell if someone's a troll by looking at their profile. Do they have any info, any friends, anything about them? Or is their profile totally blank? Trolls usually start blank profiles just to start crap, but end up getting caught and banned, so they just start up another blank profile under a different name and start more crap.

But yeah, that's pretty much what a troll is. A mean, rude, annoying, jerkoff of a person that likes to piss people off just for shits and giggles.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Huh...well it sounds to me like these trolls need to get a life then! Thanks for the info, now I will no longer be confused and picturing an actual fuzzy haired troll....lol
    MonkeyMomma07

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• A lot of them post anonymous as if they don't have the balls to do it in person. They start up controveral subjects such as abortion, breastfeeding, etc and cut down people for their decisions.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I THINK TROLLS ALSO CAUSE A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN CHATROOMS. THAT'S WHERE I LEARNED THE TERM WHEN I HAD A TROLL BOTHERING ME EVERY NIGHT AND THEN FOLLOWING ME TO THE ROOMS I WOULD JOIN. I'M POSTING THIS ONE ANONYMOUS CAUSE THE TROLLS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008