HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A MIL WHO'S ALWAYS PISSED AT YOU?

nowmommyof2

Asked by nowmommyof2 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• walk away and talk to your husband about it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I know this is easy for me to say but try to just simply ignore her if she seems to be negative to you ignore her but if she is doing whatever it is for your own good then you need to stop and listen but only you know what you are going through GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• let her get over it and not worry about it..
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Im curious to know why she is ALWAYS upset. Have you tried speaking to her directly?
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Personally, I won't deal with it... my foot would go down and my voice heard... done... finished ... the end...
    If she likes to be pist off about whatever you do or not do, then don't deal with her... wash your hands...
    If she calls have your dh deal with it... if she comes over, leave the room and let your dh handle her.. she is his
    mother after all...
    She may get the message some day...

But I am lucky, my MIL and I get along extremely well...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ignore her and kill her with kindness. i mean smother her in the honey ;) it will work
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't even know why she's always mad, she babysat my kids yesterday, and everything was fine I came and picked them up and stayed and chatted for like an hour or more.
    No today my BIL came over to borrow a car that didn't end up working and she came and got him, but refused to come inside, so i texted her how come you didn't come in and she said "I'm not gonna text about it" So I called her and I said whats up? She said "IDK I'll call you later, I'm making dinner" WTH!! She' always ticked off about someting I am soo DONE!
    nowmommyof2

Comment by nowmommyof2 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Kill her with kindness. Always be nice and and friendly. When I was first married people told me that and I scoffed that it couldn't be so simple to get along. But really it is. Go out of your way to do nice things for her. One day it will hit her how nice you are and what an ass she has been to you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Treat her the best u can and let her get over it. If she doesnt thats not your problem so just ignore her
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 9:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you know you did not do anything and she doesn't want to say what it is, all you can do is just keep being nice and know that you're not in the wrong. When she's ready to talk to you about it, i'm sure she will. Just try not to show anger because sometimes that's what they want is to make you miserable.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010