14 month old son

My son for the past few days has been so whiney and has been crying a lot. Like a fake cry. I don't know why. He's not acting the same these days. Could something be wrong. It gets to me after a while b/c i don't know whats wrong. He's fed,bathed, i give him attention,play with him. Should i take himto the dr? Is this a faze? Idk...Help pls...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I could be both of those. If you have done everything fo rhim fed him, changed him etc... and he's still acting whiney he could be sick. If he's whiney and finds contentment when you pick him up then he just wants to be held. My son just started acting this way and he's 13months. I realized he's going into that I want to be held all the time stage.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sometimes when my son acted differently or was more whiney it ended up being an ear infection...with no other symptoms. Or he could be teething.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Could be teething, cold coming on, ear infection or just an attention getter. If he knows it gets to you he will continue to do it for attention. Its annoying as ever I know b/c I remember my son doing that and I would always get to the point where I would yell WHAT!?! and he would stop. It eventually stopped when he started to talk more so hang in there
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010