I need some help my kids are so jelous of eachother I don't know what to do anymore. Sorry might be a little long.

My girls are 2 years and 9 months apart. Either the youngest is doing something to torment the oldest or the oldest is doing something to torment the youngest. But anyway they are always fighting. My oldest is in school so it is fine while she is at school (allday), but then the second she walks in the door they are fighting. My oldest can be away for almost 2 days and come home fighting as soon as she walks in the door. I don't know what to do? I don't drive and DH works all day so it makes it hard to have alone time with just me and my oldest when I can't drive and have noone to watch my youngest so I can do somthing with my oldest. Well tonight I always let the girls watch tv in my oldest DD's bedroom 8-830 then bed and today she told me she didn't want her sister in there. When I asked why? She said because then told me she doesn't like her continue.........

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• but yet she keeps asking when we are going to have another baby? Today I asked her why she wants me to have another baby if she doesn't like her sister? I told her I was going to give her sister away then is that what you want? She said yes. So after a few minutes about 15 minutes I went upstairs and told her that I gave her sister away. She asked for some water. I asked did you hear what I said? She said yes. I told her do you care she told me no. I then told her you would actually let me do that let mer give your sister away? She said yes....What can I do about this? Also DH and I started trying for another baby 2 months ago, but now has me wondering about it maybe to stop for now because she is jelous of her sister. What should I do? Keep trying like we have been or wait for now? I really want another baby though, but as jelous as she is has me lost in what to do?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I gave you a bump since I'm having the same kinds of fighting/jealousy issues. Good luck!
    caelynandcody

Answer by caelynandcody at 8:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a friend that has 6 kids and the first 2 which were girls 2 yrs apart never got along, always had to fight....then they became teenagers and got along fine...all I can say is sometimes siblings won't get along for a long time...but sometimes siblings need therapy to find out what is going on, on the inside
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You need to find a way for them to have a way to cooperate and depend on each other. Have them cook a meal for the family together perhaps. Also some individual time alone with each one is necessary. Set a timer and spend time with one at a time. Last be sure they both have their OWN thing. Do not put them in the same activities together where they will be competitive with each other. Celebrate them individually for what they are talented at. And last, do not let them ring your bell so easily. Your daughter knew she was getting your goat by acting like she didn't care about you giving her sister away. Sounds like they are attention seeking and fighting over your attention the most. Good luck!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010