How can you not be insecure?

I find myself fighting with this daily. I've never felt pretty. After having my son I've found myself even more insecure! I try to get in shape & feel pretty but when I don't feel a change I give up on myself. Does anyone know how to overcome this? Or a way to deal with a situation like this?

AmarusMommy

Asked by AmarusMommy at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Get some counseling, get some meds, and get active. It does get better :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've never been that kind of person. Everyone has something special about them. I know what the positive things about me are. I don't dwell on the negative. If you dwell on the negatives then people will notice them. Give the positive things about you the power and that's what people will see.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• maybe focusing more on what's on the inside then the outside. i don't really know honey. i feel like this at times but for me i just compare myself to others. which doesn't work if your a bit overweight which i am not. so i can do this. i do however still feel insecure with the super skinny flat belly chics. i tell myself that my husband loves me for who i am and i show him how much i appreciate him so he doesn't fancy other girls. he may still lust over them but he truely loves me. i focus on what i should work on and just telling myself that being healthy and eating right is going to make me feel better about myself. so i set goals that i can achieve and help me to feel better about me. maybe one day i will get rid of that belly gut that is sagging which no one seems to notices but me when i'm naked.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Surround yourself with people and things that build you up. Get involved in some mommy groups, and play groups for your little one to grow your social group. As you learn more about others, you'll learn more about you. Many gyms have mom specific activities, and day care so combine fitness with fun for you and your child. We all have bad days, but remember that that's just one day.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It gets more manageable when you recognize that how you feel about yourself and what you do to help yourself are two separate things. So what if you don't feel pretty? That shouldn't stop you from doing the things that keep you healthy and strong like eating right and exercising, nor should it stop you from doing the things that help you through the world successfully, like dressing in a flattering way and being generally well-groomed.
    I am now and have always been what you'd call "criminally unattractive". So what? That doesn't change that I'm here in the world and I need to do the best job I can in all ways, including supporting myself nutritionally andactivity-wise and how I present myself to the world. Whether or not I believe that I'm attractive is immaterial to achieving the goal of being the best person I can be.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010