Does anyone collect Boxtops for their schools?

I have been collecting them and really want to find a way to encourage it more in my community.Any suggestions or ideas?

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in

• My son's teacher sends reminders home about every other week to keep collecting them.
    trisha6543

Answer by trisha6543 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do. just a little work goes a long way.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do. Our school has a volunteer coordinator to keep up moral with it - she offers different competitions a few times a year - any kid who brings in a bag of 50 on Halloween gets a peice of candy, or the student in each grade who brings the most in gets a donut, the family who brings in the most by Christmas gets a pizza gift card, the student who brings in the most by the end of the year gets a gift card to the place of their choice, things like that. We've definitely had a lot more coming in since they had someone volunteer to do it a few years ago.
    Anonymous

• my kids school collects them to help get things for the school. They also collect campbell soup labels.
    coolmom138

Answer by coolmom138 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I just started collecting them. I didn't know Campbells had soup labels that go towards education. Thanks for that. I am thinking to go to my daughters school and see if I can find a way to go around to the moms in my daughters classroom and collect them. Never done that but I would love to see if our community can raise alot.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• if a school doesnt do it - it is because it takes a bit of time to input the labels monthly - if you suggest it to the teacher - please offer to do that for them. box tops have printable pages for parents to keep track of them (like not lose them) - our school just started this year and it has been very successful.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• AT our school a parent has taken it upon herself to get the word out. She sends out fliers and puts together contests. I think it is super she is doing all of this for the benefit of the school.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We do! Our school offers contests for the kids... with prizes! We also have a few coordinators to organize it! LOVE the pages to keep them all attached! I ask some friends whos kids are to young to goto school to save them for me
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We do! Our school offers contests for the kids... with prizes! my kids school collects them to help get things for the school. They also collect campbell soup labels; there are other labels for education that are involved also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011