Is your faith more realized than that which people of a different religion/beliefs experience?

Do you feel that yours is "truer" because of your beliefs?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have no idea! I don't think I will ever have any answers or feel sure about anything. I do think the answers arethere for us after we die....or whatever. I have not been sure since I was about 30. Only when I was little did I believe in the Myths. Now I know better.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't believe so, no. My faith is merely mine. I believe we have to all find our own understanding of the truth about God and life. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I will admit that I think that mine is more true (to me for me) because I let go of religion. I went my own way of understanding God and realized that the basic bare bones of belief was what was always true for me. I believe in God, I believe he is all love, all good and all knowing. Everything else that organized religion tries to teach that is any way negative is bupkist to me.
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I beleive the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is truth that shall set a person free.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• no...b/c often when i read about other ppls experiences with their religion its similar to my own. if i want others to take my spiritual experiences and feelings serious then i need to take others seriously.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• no, i just simply don't believe in any of the organized religions and have my own viewpoints.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do believe that my religion is truer simply b/c it's found in the Bible which is the Church of Christ which simply meant that Christ established His church in His name & was bought & paid for w/His blood.sunglasses mini

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i believe my God is the One True God..but faith and experience are completely personal. who am i to say my faith is greater than another's (of a different religion), or that my experiences (because of my religion's beliefs) mean more than their's? that would be of the utmost arrogance.
    faith is personal, even without a religion. you have faith in your dh/so that he/she will be there for you, that your children will abide by your rules, etc...someone else may not have as much faith in their dh/so/kids. something may be lacking or wavering. someone may have extreme belief without doubt that all will always be well in their home/relationship. KWIM? you cannot, religion or no religion, compare your personal faith/belief/experience against another's..no two lives are the same. maybe similar, but not the same.
    JMHO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• absolutely not...that would be quite arrogant of me to think that LOL! My beliefs are my own truths...but I understand that we all have our own path to walk. And our hearts all speak our own personal truths. That of which, no one else could understand. That doesn't make it more true than others, it simply makes it mine.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Who am I to say that my beliefs are better than anyone elses? Do I know what is going on inside them? Nope. So I would have to say no.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010