What burial ritual is most common in your religion?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 9:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know that there really is any ONE specific Burial ritual for Pagans... Most I know would choose to be cremated, but many others still have Christian families who prefer burial... And then there are those like me who say "I couldn't care less."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i guess just having a funeral with a viewing (if appropriate) or memorial beforehand, and then a graveside service at the gravesite. but we can choose how we want the service to be (what prayers, music, speakers, etc.), so it varies. i am united methodist
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Our Methodist church has its own .... what is it called... where you can have your ashes stored? But I'm not sure what is most common. Burial, I guess, although I want to be cremated.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We have no burial rituals. There are no biblical examples of funeral rites that bind us. Truthfully, funerals are for the living. The deceased is gone and isn't aware of what is being done, said or who is there. It is a social, cultural thing that provides a time of mourning and remembrance for the family and friends.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• http://artaban7.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg

OK, not really, it's more for royalty, and there's only a few countries where you're still allowed to have one, but they do still happen.  Most people are just buried like everyone else, cremated or not.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It's a personal choice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It is a personal choice but I prefer cremation!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Open Air Cremation is what is traditional for Hindus.

The body is cremated, then the ashes are placed in the Ganges River.

However. Open Air Cremation is illegal here in the states, so cremation at a crematorium is the standard.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• NP...Totally awesome!! That's what my husband wants.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Mummification... with all body parts included. Nothing can be removed.. but you can add on. *Decoration such as piercings and tattoos*
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010