Fun activity or craft for a short Kindergarten Thanksgiving party?

My daughter's teacher asked that I help out with their Thanksgiving party this year, me and another mom will coordinate and bring in a snack and an activity or craft. The catch is that the party is only 30 minutes long, so with snack time it doesn't leave us much time to do too much with 20 kids. Still, I would like it to be more creative than just printing out a turkey coloring page...any ideas??

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• they could do the infamous hand turkey but bring feathers and other cool stuff to embellish their turkeys with.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I love the hand turkey idea, but do you think we could wrangle 20 5 years olds to trace and cut out their hand prints in that amount of time? I've never been up against that many kids at once, and I'll be honest and say, I'm a bit intimidated, lol!
    gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You could make a giant class turkey, with each child adding a feather or two with something they are thankful for written on it ( they will probably need help writing). Pin the feather on the turkey, or google turkey crafts or activities- I saw some cute spoon turkeys!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Try checking out Familyfun.go.com - They usually have really great acitivities for the kiddos. And even some general acitivities can be turned into a Festive Holiday craft.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Spoon turkeys? What's that??

gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i wouldn't say they have to cut it out.....just trace it on the paper and decorate it on there. that way they could decorate the background too. i would use washable markers to trace their hands. i think they would love to do it.....they are usually really into arts and crafts. o and don't let them see you're nervous....they can smell fear lol. just take charge and i think you will be fine!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Macaroni necklace or macaroni pictures (glue them on).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We have done cookies, decorate with icing and sprinkles, the kids love to decorate somethign and then eat it!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010