when did your kids go to one nap a day?

SweetMiss

Asked by SweetMiss at 9:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• around 1yo....when they want to stay up too late lol. that's when i know it's time to stop the afternoon nap!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• about 15 months old. He started daycare then and they nap from 11-3 so he adjusted to there schedule. But now that he is 22 months old we come home around 4:30 and he wants to nap for another hr most days now. So it really varies from child to child
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Both of my kids went to one nap a day around 10-11 months. I want to say my son tested it out earlier then that, but I cannot be exact.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• WOAH.. what.. you mean to tell me that there are some 1-2 year olds that take more than one night? LOL I have a hard enough time getting one nap out of my 16 month old and my daughter was the same way :/ Kudos to you lucky mamas!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My first was just over a year, though he still got in a short catnap in the late afternoon sometimes (but not regularly) until closer to 18 months. He's 3 years now, still naps, and that one nap is still 3-4 hours long. And he needs it; he's a bear if he doesn't get enough sleep.

My second was under a year, maybe 9 months, maybe a littler earlier. She's 18 months now, her one nap is usually about 2 hours long, tops out at 3 at the most, and there have been days when she doesn't nap and it doesn't usually affect her attitude or behavior.

Completely different kids, obviously, lol. There's not really a right or wrong with naps. All that matters is that your kid gets enough total sleep, which is something like 12-14 hours for toddlers.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Between 12 and 18 months, it was a gradual process though. He was very unpredictable--some days he took two naps and some days he took one. It was hard to make plans in the morning for a while, but by 18 months he was regularly taking one nap a day.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 2
    zoiezmom

Answer by zoiezmom at 11:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• at 28 months
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 4:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010