what is the best way to potty train a little boy?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I potty trained all 3 of my boys in a weekend, and without the help of daddy. Make sure they are ready. you can get great guidelines of readiness online. I waited until signs were present, and they were all pushing 3 yrs old. It was cake! Just don't make it a battle, never scold or punish for refusal or for accidents. If you make this one a battle of wills you WILL lose. Just relax, do your homework and make it no big deal, good luck to you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• His father should have a big role in potty training, since they have the same plumbing. We used the book Once Upon a Potty when we were training our daughter. When I went to the bathroom, I took her with me, sat her on her potty and read the book to her. Her focus was on the story, not on doing her business. She did very well with it. There is a boy version of the book as well.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Daddy plays a big role in this one...or a trusted male figure(grandpa or uncle). Also make sure they get exposure to urinals because if they always go into public restrooms with mommy urinals can be extremely frightening. They do actually make a potty training urinal now, I think it is hilarious! But with boys they seem to need it to be fun to be willing to do it. Hence why they are so enthralled by the idea of peeing outside! lol
    Duckylicious

Answer by Duckylicious at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• with my son he done it his self. we would work w/ him @ home but one week end i went on vacation w/ my parents. we brought his potty with us and put it in the bathroom. he decided to bring it to the den & put it down he pulled his pants down & used the potty while watching scooby doo.
    coolmom138

Answer by coolmom138 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010