How do you answer someone when they ask you directly how many relationships you've had? adult content

What do you say- without being rude- when you don't want to answer? I've flubbed on this alot, I'd just rather not talk about it!

dawnf69

Asked by dawnf69 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• none your business or more politly I don't kiss and tell( but I would and did tell dh)
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I guess it would depend on who is asking. If it is a close friend or family member then I would be honest. But if it is a casual friend, co-worker or parent from school...then have a answer ready. Sit down and think about your age and what number you think is "normal" and say...Oh 4 or 5 and just smile.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i'd just laugh it off and say 'ladies don't speak of such things!'. and if they asked me again i would be more firm and say 'i really don't think that's any of your business'
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I just tell them the truth which is really boring. ONE.-- My DH. ANd I dated a few guys but never had sex with them. Being a kid fromthe 50's, we just didn't do it unless you wanted to be called "Easy". And, remember that saying "The kind of girl you want to bring home to Mom" ? I was that girl. :-) I told you I was boring!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would give an answer that is like, oh 4 maybe 5 I really didn't keep track that well. it usually works for me.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• hmmm...I didn't even think about it from a boyfriend angle. I think if you want a relationship to work you have to be honest and especially about past sexual relationships. I mean, you wouldn't want to test positive for Herpes in 6mths just because it was a question he was not comfortable answering. Basically, if you arn't comfortable discussing past relationships with your boyfriend, then your relationship is already over.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've never had a problem answering the question as long as they are willing to answer the same question as well. But assuming it's not a potentional partner....and you really don't want to go there....noneya...may be too un-couth....so as a standard."I don't like discussing relationship problems with 'strangers / friends / co-workers / family' or 'at work / at church / in public', or I don't wish to open that topic for discussion and refuse to answer any badgering about it. Just might get accused of being a virgin.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Or you could keep em guessing and say :oh I don't know, hundreds and hundreds, too many to count!" and then give a evil laugh.....
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If it's DH or a very close friend, I'd be honest. If it was just a casual friendship/ acquaintance, I'd tell'em it was none of their business.

HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Just say too many to count! Lol
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010