Do you ever give home-made gifts for Christmas?

I'll be buying for immediate family as usual, but this year for extended family I'm making things. It's just too difficult to buy for 20+ people! I never have any idea what to get. I'm making home-made jam and home-made bread in little Christmas glass loaf pans. Any other ideas that you ladies have used?

Personally, that's the kind of stuff I love to get too. It's something that never goes to waste. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• I love making jewelry. Thats what I give for presents to the ladies.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do for my Dad, brother ad sister because they make more $$ than we do and can buy what they really need or want and this way what we give them is actually more personal and with love.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I did wood burning pictures last year. Each one was personalized and I think I did about 15 or 20 of them. 

I like doing handmade gifts. It means more. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yes i bake or do cookie mix in jar ,did bath set
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• In fact tonight I started trying to make roasted chickpeas to put in jars but I cooked them too long. I'll try again tomorrow
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I did wood burning pictures last year. Each one was personalized and I think I did about 15 or 20 of them. "

What are wood burning pictures?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm going to make candy flavored vodkas for christmas this year....yum!
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 9:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When I was into the holidays, I use to give home made presents all the time. I once made homemade soaps and gave them out and everyone loved those. One year I made tons of homemade cookies and did the same. One year I made redeem coupons like "one night of babysitting so you and hubby can go out on the town"...."homecooked meal" for a single guy friend of mine...etc. You'ld be surprised how much stuff like this is really appreciated.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no i'm not really the crafts person but i love getting them!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I dont personally, because I am not that creative, or crafty. However every year my DD gets to goto the dollar store, or craft store and pick out a wooden item (a picture frame, a bird house a little keepsake box) and she gets to paint them, and use glitter and basically go all out. She does one for my mom, my grandfather, and DFs parents. With the picture frames we put her school picture in them for that year also.

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 8:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010