so...i was having some issues, had my iud removed today and i'm already starting to feel better..my question is:

Alright, so I was extremely bloated, felt like my ovaries and uterus were on fire, nauseated, bleeding, etc.

Went to the OB and they checked my urine and found no sign of infection, they removed my iud and within hours the pain is starting to ease up slightly, and my bloating is going down.

My question is...what could have caused the pain? I mean, if the removal of the IUD ends up helping...then what was it about the IUD that could have caused my pain? They said its placement looked fine based on the strings..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• your body probably just had a bad reaction to it. you just have to find another birth control that your body will tolerate better. glad you're feeling better though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Was it the Mirena? I had the same thing for months with about 100 other problems. It was horrible. I also felt relief within hours of having it removed and no one could give me an answer about why that was so. The only two things that I can figure is that I was either allergic to the material or just had a terrible reaction to the hormone. Possibly both.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If it was the mirena then it could have been. My best friend had one for a few months and ended up in surgery because it caused a huge cyst. I had the old copper one and never had any problems because there were no hormones in it.
    Steph1499

Answer by Steph1499 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• IUDs are just horrid little things. It can be in there perfectly and still wreak havoc on a body. If you feel better already, you know your body just couldn't handle it.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my IUD, some people do not have problems with them but according to my OB my body was trying to reject the IUD or remove it. Granted it was effective I just could not stand the side effects, Cramping is normal for the IUD which sucks but much like everything else reactions are different, Bloating is also normal with any birth control because of the hormones being distributed into the body. Needless to say that once I had it removed I felt so much better, I think I am going to stick to the older methods of birth control.
    piper19822001

Answer by piper19822001 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010