More than terrible two

My two year old son is just BAD! lol.
Things he's good with: Going to the potty and staying in his toddler bed. Thank God!
Bad things: He will NOT listen to NO, even if I smack his butt... he'll do things over and over.... throw fits and just scream for no reason.

Is all this normal? Do you think it will be worse when the new baby comes?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried putting him in time out in the corner? With my daughter we first tell her NO. Then the next time she does it we put her in time out for 2 min. then if she does it again we smack her tush and put her in time out for another 2 min. It works most days but sometimes it is just her age (22months) and her curiosity that makes her not listen.
    photomamma1220

Answer by photomamma1220 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• WEll we have but not in that order, maybe we will try it that way!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's normal and yes it'll get worse. You have an intellegent child, I can tell. They are more difficult than some of the normal kids. You're going to have to find something he likes and take it from him or make him earn it with good behavior. Still spank and time out, but you've got to figure out what he likes best and use it! Other kids might not need this technique til they turn 4 or 5, but he seems ready now. Good luck to you!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• schmorris. I agree... he's too smart for his own good. lol I'll also try that. Thanks!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• OH MY GOSH! lol finally someone who can understand! My two year old (just turned two in september) is just flat out bad! He also does not listen to no, he cusses at us and he hits. I do not know what his problem is. I know the cussing he picks up from my family and I try to tell him no and if he continues to do it he gets his hand smacked and he sits in time out. It works for about 5 minutes then he is back at it again. I feel like I have lost control. Like the other day I was putting his diaper on for bed time (still hasn't got the whole potty thing down) and he was jumping on my bed I said Jayden stop jumping and get over here and lay down so mommy can put your diaper on he said no and continued jumping I repeated myself like 5 times each time gettin no for an answer. He got spanked and he got right back on the bed and started jumping.
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008