Weaning maybe... maybe not... Maybe? Nope not yet.

My daughter (1 year old) has been very eager to eat anything and every thing that I eat, and starting to wean a little. Suddenly, she's fairly uninterested in solids. I try to encourage that throughout the day. But then she doesn't get enough calories during the day, and feeds all dang night. ?!

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why not just feed her from your plate? if she eats some great if not its ok too...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I went through this with my daughter... though you might just have a boobie baby on your hands, i did and my daughter loved nursing at night for up to 2 yrs old!! my advice would be if you're worried about her losing weight or not getting enough calories is change it up constantly. offer her new toddler treats and different kinds of food she hasn't had, cut her food in different shapes, prepare things with her involved! It really worked for me to keep her interested. Also give her a nice full belly before bed?! it *sometimes* worked for her but then again...boobie babies love boobies more than food!! lol- and just chalk it up to a phase of un-interest in solids, it will most likely pass! good luck :)
    elliseeypoo

Answer by elliseeypoo at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Thank you! Let me also clarify that I don't mind breastfeeding her. I love it. I only started to wean because she seemed interested and WIC was starting to give me heat about it. And some days it seems she's not interested in boobies or eating much altogether. She just got done with a growth spurt, though. That always throws things way off. Maybe we just need a few days to settle? It just seems my days are nothing attempting to get calories in her so she sleeps better at night. Can't over feed her, though! lol! When she's done eating, that's it.
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Continuing nursing is so good for picky toddlers. Your milk fills all of the gaps in her nutrition.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 2:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thank you, aehanrahan! That's kind of what I had been figuring. YAY!! She only woke once to eat last night, and woke up HUNGRY. This looks good today!!
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2010