When you were in college, have you ever seen or heard of violence where one student hit or punched another student?

Did that student get suspended from school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• in college i saw a few fights, some were at bars and others were at on-campus parties. with the ones in the bar they just got kicked out of the bar. with the ones on campus the fight was just broken up by other people. if the cops would have been called i suppose the school may have been alerted, but that was not the case so the school did not know. now there was a kid who went on a rampage and started messing up people's cars in the parking lot. he got kicked out of school for that (permanently).

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes I know of one of my friends when her ex boyfriend shot her in her head at point blank range, for breaking up with her. He is in prison. She graduated from college with a degree in Social Work. She married and has two kids.

Another young girl was killed while on the phone with 911. 911 played her last moments she told them who her attacker was, it was an exboyfriend that went to class with my husband.

I can kinda go on and on. I did my Social Work internship at a domestic and sexual violence shelter.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In college, you don't get suspended, you get arrested and then there is a disciplinary hearing as to what happens to the adult students involved.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• no. and i was in auto mechanics, and the only girl. so i should of seen something with 2 classes of over 20 boys. Never did. But then again, there wasnt much to fight about, besides me, lol. only girl but I was left alone, enough. And it was a laid back enviroment, very fun.
    dejamanu

Answer by dejamanu at 3:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My son is in college and there have been fights, generally in the dorms. It happens. No one gets suspended though.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010