Have you ever heard of the Christian Atheist?

The book, The Christian Atheist, by recovering Christian Atheist Craig Groeschel, is an honest, hard-hitting and eye-opening look into the ways people believe in God but live as if He doesn’t exist. From his own lapses in faith as a young man to the painful self-admission he had to make as an established pastor, Groeschel’s own journey will immerse you and challenge you into a deeper, Christ-filled life.

“The more I looked, the more I found Christian Atheists everywhere.” Former Christian Atheist Craig Groeschel knows his subject all too well. After over a decade of successful ministry, he had to make a painful self admission: although he believed in God, he was leading his church like God didn’t exist. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodid=120158&utm_source=fcsemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MID8618SNO1233162896

I wonder how many of us are live like God doesnt exist.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do. Because god only exists in the minds of people who need to be controlled.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I believe that God exists. I believe that he is working things out for my good. I thank God for my husband and children. He had to exist because I dont see how me nor my hubby would be together. LOL

I am so not perfect. But I guess I wonder is my living in vain?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• do. Because God only exists in the minds of people who need to be controlled.

Answer by ObbyDobbie

God gives us freewill to accept him or not. When one's time is up and they did not give their heart and lives to God then they all have the freewill to go to Hell.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I died. There was nothing, I was fortunate to be in responsible company at the time, and am here now to testify to the fact of my reality in the comfort of knowing that the next time I go, I will simply cease :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have not heard of this but from what you said, he makes a valid point about people professing a belief in God but living as though he doesn't exsist. This is true for many people, sadly. It becomes all about what God can and is supposed to do for them but never about what they should do and want to do for him.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That sounds like a book I need to check out :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Can you give an example as to how they "Live as if God doesn't exist" because that statement seems to make quite an erroneous assumption of how atheists live and I doubt there's any fact to it. Aside from not going to church on Sundays, I don't see how "living like God doesn't exist" correlates to atheists in any manner.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Are these the same people we call Sunday or Christmas Christians? They only go to church out of habit or because they've just been doing it since they were kids and never thought to really think about if thats what they really want to do?

People claiming to be God-fearing Christians but never really practicing it except for 2 hours on Sunday morning?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sounds like a good book. I would love to check it out. I think many people do this and many probably don't even realize it. Though some do realize it, I think others are led into it by believing false doctrine..but that's a whole other issue. Anyway, sounds interesting. If/when I read it I'll let you know what I think.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 8:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

************

sounds like that is who it refers to- I'm sure there are a lot of people who claim Christianity, but don't REALLY believe- they just have always gone to church and are used to that sort of social thing...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010