How to deal with back talk?

I have 2 daughters 5 and 6. My 6 yr old back talks bad, and does snotty face expressions. She does it sneaky to, when she is talked to about her back talk she either will say she was joking or she will be snotty some more. putting her on time out doesn't work it just makes her escalate to a tantrum. What do I do? Please Help

toriturtle

Asked by toriturtle at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I am a pro-spanker, do you really want to know my opinion??
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• look them straight in the eye, very FIRMLY...tell them "you will not talk to me, your mother that way again and if you do you go to your room and do not come out till your ready to say your sorry"....w.hen they end up in their room and come out and them why they are sorry and then say thank you for saying their sorry but you are to be respected.
    You have to nip this in the bud now before they become teenagers
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wheresthewayout - you are absolutely right about nipping it in the bud immediately!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010