How do I get him Off my Boob?

My son is 1yr old and I still breastfeed him. He just started going to daycare so I dont breastfeed him as much and my milk has dwindled but he still try's to suck the life out of me. Then when nothing comes out he gets mad...at me. I find myself saying sorry to my 1yr old. I know its a comfort thing. I've tried stopping but I find him staring at my chest all the time and pulling my shirt down. What do I do?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pump while at work and keep nursing. Doesn't sound like he's ready to be done yet. i worked full-time with my youngestin daycare, and most states have laws proptecting BFing moms who work
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I weaned my son @13 months..he only nursed at night at that point so I gave him a sippy cup one night he didnt like it so I waited a couple days then did it again and he took it..slept through the night for the first time too lol so I would wean him totally or start pumping to get more milk in..its up to you!! maybe if you decide to wean him find something else that comforts him at night
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010