i plan on giving my girl my moms middle name

my moms middle name was denise, thats my middle name and my nieces too my mom died when i was 16 im now 23. my husband is fine with the names i picked for her he had no say anyways:) her name will be lilly denise, but now his mom is getting upset and always says something about it bc she want her to have her first or middle name but thats not my wish her name is sarah lynn and i dont care for it and hubby feels the same as me im just wondering im i being a b@@@@ for not caring if her feels are hurt?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 10:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• no....you are allowed to give your child any name you want. We gave our son my dads middle name and our daughter my gma's middle name....no one ever said anything to me about it, but I wouldn't have changed it for them. These are my children! They'll get over it anyway :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 10:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Honor your mom with her middle name for your DD,I did the same for my DD also.Congrats on your pregnancy
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• the baby is yours! you have the right to name her what you want..even if it hurts others feelings! you and your hubby like the name you chose, dont change it! my mom wanted me to spell my 2nd daughters name different but i spelled it the way i wanted to!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No you aren't, I for one like the name, it is very cute. For two she is your daughter, if your husband agrees on the name, then it is noone elses choice, but yours.
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You can't let her comments get to you or make you feel bad. Honor your mom, I think that is wonderful.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The baby is yours and your husbands, and you should name the baby a name that both you and hubby like. I would take mil aside and tell her that you are not trying to be hurtful, BUT you plan to honor your mom by giving the baby mom's name. I would remind mil that your mom has passed on, and she will never know the baby or be a part of it's life--- like mil will.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• if your mil is having a cow because she is not getting her way I hate to see what she will be like when the baby is born. you name that baby however you choose she is yours not your mil's.
    I just really loathe over bearing mil's but that is another story. Put your foot down now and let her feelings roll off your back
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• your MIL is being petty and honestly how vain is it of someone to have a cow over wanting their son to name their baby after them self? Your husband needs to tell her to butt out and be respectful to your choices and the memory of your mother. Honestly you don't have to tend to MIL's feelings-when someone is being that petty over who you wish to name your baby after they kind of deserve a little bitchyness
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i changed my son's name for my mother and wished i hadn't. he doesn't care for it although i do but it would be nice if he liked it. people think he's a girl cause they don't know how to pronounce his name. so you name your baby what you want.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• no do you name your child what you want take control cause next it be something else
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010