How did you handle it the first time you took care of two tired tots?

I'm babysitting my friend's 10 month old daughter, Hannah. My 4 month old son is starting to get mommy-tied. Hannah was tired, but didn't want to sleep without her mommy. My DS was wanting to nurse, but Hannah would wail every time I put her down, scaring him. After trying the bed, the crib, wearing my son and holding Hannah, we finally ended up on the living room floor, Hannah falling asleep on my legs, my DS nursing and then happily playing on the floor with his diaper off. I'm proud to say, I didn't get flustered, stressed out, or lose my cool. Good thing my DH wasn't home - he can't handle crying babies. He snuggles them ;) until they quiet down. On second thought, it might have been nice if he had been here.

What's your story? How did you handle it with 2 (or more) sleepy little ones? How did you get the to sleep (if you did...)?

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my twins I had piles of pillows and blankets everywhere. We spent a lot of time in the floor in front of the couch in a big "nest" or sitting all together in a recliner with a couple of pillows to help keep everyone in a comfy position. I always gathered any supplies I might need and put them on the couch or near my recliner. If they were both resisting sleep I'd rock in the recliner with both of them or put one in the swing or on a boppy while working on getting the other one to sleep, and once I was able to lay the first baby down I'd start working on the other one. If I knew I could get one of them to sleep pretty quickly I'd work with that baby first and then move on to the more difficult one.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010