Baby Acne

Do you know of any way to help clear it up? How do you prevent it? How do you take care of it?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know if you really can clear it up. My son went through a brief period of time as an infant when he had it. It got a little bad for a few weeks, the disappeared. His doctor said it was totally common, and just to wash his face with a gentle cloth as I usually would. However, if it's really bad, ask your pediatrician. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Baby acne is caused by the release of all those hormones baby got from mom inutero. It is natural and as far as I know can't be prevented. It doesn't last long. If it makes you feel a bit better you can take a damp wash cloth and clean their face every now and then. It feels good for us why not them. But really there is nothing extra you have to do.
    Duckylicious

Answer by Duckylicious at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Baby Phisoderm is amazing. Not sure if it's still available. My "baby" is 14 yrs old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wipe with a warm wet cloth - nothing else. No soap, no lotion, nothing, just wipe it clean and pat it dry. You can't force it to clear up any faster. It's your hormones leaving baby's body. Do not pinch them, do not touch baby's face with your bare hands any more than you have to.
    Anonymous

• Cetaphil worked great on my DD baby acne
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It can not be prevented, it is caused by hormones they receive from you. Leave it be and it will clear on its own. Do NOT try to pop it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Leave it alone, it will clear up.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• no way of preventing it but you can put alittle breast milk o it and it will clear up aster. just keep the area clean and dry from drool.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 5:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I put some of my milk on it and it cleared up overnight every time.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010