Cradle Cap

How do you prevent it? How do you clear it up after it starts? What tips do you have for it?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby oil just put a little bit in his hair
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Did you get one of those scrubber/ sponges from the hospital when your baby was born? Try to wash his hair every night (even if it is just running his hair under the faucet) and use the scrubber side of the sponge (you know, the plastic pokey things) to scrub his scalp. My nurse said that I shouldn't be TOO gentle with the scrubbing, that it does a good job of keeping cradle cap away.
    hollyanne31

Answer by hollyanne31 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i just scrub it off.
    zoiezmom

Answer by zoiezmom at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use to scrub my babies scalp with the soft sponge from the Hosptal with baby oil on his head, and I'd leave a little on his head. I loved the smell besides the cradle cap. I'd watch scrubbing too hard around the soft spot on a babies head though, not too hard to be on the safe side.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Don't ever use baby oil on your child. Think about it, baby oil is mineral oil...what is mineral oil...unleaded gas! Exactly! Use EVOO instead. Just a dap goes a long way. BTW the mineral oil goes for you to...start looking at the products you buy, the higher up on the ingredients list they are, the more of it there is in the product. So keep the mineral oils and alcohol either off or as low on the ingredients list as you can.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010