• In the Spotlight:

Help!! My SO gave my 2yr old son LOTS of candy and its bed time.

He is now running around my house in circles going AHHH AHHH AHHH what do i do?

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 6:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• GRAPE juice conteracts the sugar from the candy
    My mother in law told me that last night and it really worked
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 6:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would let him tire himself out a bit and try giving him some warm milk. It should help relax him a bit.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Benadryl. About a quarter to a half of a teaspoon should knock him out.
    Anonymous

• yup. benadryl will knock him out. lol. good luck.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Let him run 10 more minutes, telling him it's bedtime soon. Count it down 8 min to bed. 5 min to bed. At bedtime, put him to bed. If he gets up put him back to bed. If he gets up again, spank him and put him back to bed. Repeat until he's sleeping! No mystery, he has to follow the rules and the routine even when he's on sugar.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Whatever you do, keep in mind he's gonna sleep really good when he crashes!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Tell SO to deal with it and go to bed lol
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 9:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• HAHAHA....WOOOHOOOO!

my little one had a sugar buzz on halloween night
    hahah she never eats candy...but ...she slipped and ate more than her share hahaha.
    she was running around too, jumping up and down on her grandfather and her granny hahahaha
    they were stunned by the time i put her in the car, while on the way home she passed out,

but alas, i wouldnt give my little one benadryl just to knock him or her out, i think thats a little strange,
    i wouldnt do that, no thanks,
    i would indeed enjoy the fact that he's being a kid, and laugh, with him...put him in the tubberrooo, if he hasnt had a bath yet, and get him ready for bed ..as if it were his normal routine
    and if that fails, KAY had a great answer,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• u could go for a car ride just a short drive may knock him out... or u can run with him and wear him out too... my DS is hyper all the time so we try to wear him out alot!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i know what your going through my in-laws love to give my son candy and sugar before bedtime and i hate it....but i always keep in my mind "what goes up must come down!" lol so i usually play with him and tire him out and he passes out . i deffinatly wouldnt give him/her benadryl not only should you not do that just to get them to sleep but if you do that too often when he /she needs it it'll have no offect because of being so used to getting it...also the lavender baby lotion works wonders on my son 10mins on and hes out lol...good luck
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008