Has anyone tried Wen hair and body products?

I recently ordered this conditioning shampoo from them, and it works great, but it's a pain in the butt to apply. Literally, you're supposed to use about 10 pumps per 4 sections of your hair. That's 40 pumps, lol! It does make my hair really soft, but I don't use it that often because I don't aways feel like doing all that every time I get a shower. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• A lot of my clients tried it and weren't too pleased and switched back to regular salon products. The complaints were:
    You need too much of it, so you constantly run out, meaning they spent more.

You could just use a dry shampoo for $15 TO $20 less

Didn't like the residue from the product.

My older lady said it was too much work.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yea, it does leave a little bit of a residue. Plus, I think that whole "40 pumps" thing is to get you to run out and order more. Like my husband was saying, your hair would feel soft if you used 40 pumps of ANY conditioner, lol. It does smell really good, though. I bought a 4 pack of it, so I have 3 big bottles left.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've tried the "shampoo" and conditioner. I felt it took to much time to use, you use a lot of product, the cost high. I have very long thick hair, it seemed to weigh it down after a while , the residue, something. I didn't care for it. I ended up sending it back.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• glad you asked cause i have seen the commercials and i thought i wonder if my hair would feel better then it already does. i love my hair. it's silky easy to manage and i love the smell of my products. i would never use anything else. since i found this shampoo i have been totally thrilled of the results. i just love it. it's soft silky hair by big and sexy. after reading this i will stick to my favorite brand.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use the off brand of it called Hair One which is a third of the price of Wen but works the same. You can find it at Sally's Beauty Supply or Amazon. I use it only once a week though. The rest of the week I use my organic Mill Creek shampoo and conditioner. The Wen/Hair One works really well, and I love how it makes my hair feel, but I can't use it all the time or I get buildup. I also don't use the recommended amount of pumps. I have long hair, and I use maybe 10 pumps total. It helps to work it into your hair a little at a time and then add a bit of water. It helps it spread and "lather" a bit. Hope this helps. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have really well balanced hair and do not use conditioner! I would love to use the wen products. As my hair is in good form. I may have to look into the one available at Sally or Amazon.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010