• In the Spotlight:

What is the best way to supplement formula?

babymomma101110

Asked by babymomma101110 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normally you would give it during a normal feeding and it's best if given by someone other than you. since baby will know that you are the source of breastmilk, they normally refuse formula from you.

I had to supplement a feeding towards the end of my time nursing. I didn't have enough left in my freezer to keep her going at daycare.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i would feed breast milk first and if they were still hungy then give formula
    zoiezmom

Answer by zoiezmom at 10:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Depends on why, how much, how often, etc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• check out this book, http://newbornnecessities.tateauthor.com/. easy way to keep track of breasfeeding and bottle feedings. Also charts for diaper chages, to help monitor if baby is getting enough. I had to suppliment with both kids (had a breast reduction and didn't make enough milk).
    Perrypoopster

Answer by Perrypoopster at 2:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010