Have you ever tried eating something spicy for a sore throat?

I was just talking in another question about how when I was sick and had a sore throat, I read online to eat chicken noodle soup with Tabasco. I thought it would burn it more, but it's actually the ONLY thing that helped. Now I have to eat chicken noodle soup with it in there, lol. I'm sure it's not for all types of sore throats, but it worked for me!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• I always do that. Spicy wonton soup. Mmmmm that sounds good now.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm a spice-a-holic. Chicken noodle soup must have cayenne pepper in it. Tabasco sauce is too vinegary for me... But whenever I have a cold, or a sore throat, I amp up the spicy stuff. A spoonful of honey, with some cayenne powder mixed in also does wonders. And for a stuffy nose, some fresh salsa (and some tissues on hand) can get you breathing again!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I always do that. Spicy wonton soup. Mmmmm that sounds good now. "

Shut up! That totally sounds good now, lol! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• when pregnant with twins i had this nagging sore throat, so i googled natural remedies and cam across gargling red pepper! i did it tiwce, once i didn't use enough, and the second time i used too much. i should have tried again, but was afraid : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes-Ginger
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I go for sush when sick just for the wasabi. Clears the sinus in no time when it's fresh and strong.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i have never heard of that. im a fan of spicy food so i will definitely give it a try next time my throat is bothering me =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010