OMG HELP plz

i went to the doctor yesterday for a blood test, they told me it was neg, but i still have no period, 7 days late. and im still having cramping, for about a week or two now. and i still have all the signs of being pregnant?
what is going on!!!!!!! should i get another one done at a diff hospital or what?
ive never missed a period in my life, and dont tell me its stress, cause i dont think smelling a ciggerate and puking is stress.

SteffMareci

Asked by SteffMareci at 10:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could just be sick. There is something going around. As for the late period, you may be having an anovulatory month...you didn't ovulate. You could wait another couple days and test again but a blood test should have turned up positive by now if you were pregnant.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• At 7 days late, they would have found some sort of hormone in your blood. I was barely preg, like four days and they found something.
    There could be so many reasons for it. And it's really possible you are psycihng yourself out because you want to be pregnant. I highly doubt you are pregnant.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe it's just too early to show positive. Wait a few more days and take another test, if that one is still negative then maybe you should talk with your Dr. Good luck!
    4kidz916

Answer by 4kidz916 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• not sick. i only puke when i smell a ciggerate. its strange cuz i smoke!! and ive never done that before. and i did ovulate, cause i took a test, and it said i was ovulating, so i had lots of sex around then, actually the whole month, LOL.
    SteffMareci

Comment by SteffMareci (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• have you recently stopped taking birth control. sometimes when you've been on it for a while and stopped, you wont have a period, i know when i stopped taking mine after about a year, i didn't get a period for 3 months and was totally freaked out till the doctor told me thats what was happening.
    addix2

Answer by addix2 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• nope, never been on birth control before. everything was perfectly fine last month, now this month i started having unprotected sex with my bf, and now theres no period.
    SteffMareci

Comment by SteffMareci (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• OPKS are not always accurate. THey don't actually test for ovulation. They test for the LH surge that preceeds ovulation. The problem with that is that sometimes you have LH surges when you are not ovulating. This is more common is people who have recently come off of birth control, advanced maternal age, and women who are breastfeeding BUT it can happen when NONE of those things are an issue.

Things that could be going on here are...

-You could have gotten a false positive OPK and not ovulated
    -You could have gotten a false positive and ovulated LATER than what you thought. Ovulation being late is what makes periods late if you are not pregnant....the luteal phase rarely changes.
    -You are pregnant and your hormones are unusually low.

I personally would wait 2 weeks. If you do not get a period by then I would go to the doctor and have a quantitive HCG (blood test) done. If that still says negative then talk to
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It could be a hormone imbalance. I would wait a week then do a home pregnancy test or have more blood work done.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• then either they gave you the wrong persons results or you really arent pregnant, because at 7 days past when your period is supposed to be due you would have more than enough HcG in your blood to get a pos test.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• your doctor about your options.

If you are not pregnant you might want to look into getting some Fertility Blend to get your cycles going and regular again or talk to the doctor about something to jump start your period.

That being said...I watched an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant" today where the women had FOUR quantitive HCG tests at her doctor's office and had taken over 20 home pregnancy test. ALL came back negative and she was pregnant the whole time so it's not unheard of.

Anyways I would just do what I said above and see where it goes. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I hope you get what you want!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010