Is there a trick to conceiving a girl?

I here all the time that there are certain things a person must do to get pregnant and have the sex turn out to be female. Has anyone tried them with the result being that they have a girl?

piper19822001

Asked by piper19822001 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sperm that carry the female gene happen to be the quicker swimmers but die off faster. so the closer you are to ovulation when you have sex, the higher your chances are to conceive a girl.

They say that there are also things that the man can eat to increase the female sperm supply but I haven't seen any solid evidence that it works.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• like what the person above said, they say that the male sperm swims faster than the female sperm and sperm can live in the vagina for up to 7 days. So if you're really trying to have a girl, say you ovulate on the 13th have sex around the 11th or 12th that way the female sperm has time to reach the egg
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• go to in-gender.com and look at the forums, theres a whole list of crazy things to try. i would totally try them all but my husband told me no because he says it puts too much pressure on him and that we should just let nature take its course. bleh!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I read a fertility book, it had different things in it that upped the chances on which ever sex you wanted. the one I tried and it worked all 3 times was: If you have an orgasm during, just before or just after sex, it changes the PH in your vagina making it more friendly for the boy sperm to survive and make it to the egg to fertilize, therefore getting a baby boy. So NOT having an orgasm just before, during or after sex keep the PH more friendly for the girl sperm to make it to the finish line. Just a coincidence or true IDK. I just know it worked out for me.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i saw an entire documentary once about how different environmental circumstances can influence gender determination in the species. the main thing was that, as a defense mechanism, conception of a girl is most likely when the species is in crisis, as determined by poor diet (more females means more chance of babies being born and perpetuating). so eat like absolute crap for a few months and good luck. it sounds silly but the science is actually pretty solid. i had a terrible diet when i conceived my daughter (not on purpose) but i'm planning to intensify and diversify mine and my husband's diet prior to when we plan our next to increase the odds of having a boy.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010