im 35 weeks and just cant wait to have my baby, is there anything to speed it up...

my last pregnancy i was 36 weeks and 5 days when i gave birth to my daughter,im hopeing this one is almost the same , she weighed 6lbs and 4 oz,... im sure this one willll be the same or more... what could i do ?????

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just be patient. 35 weeks could mean 33 weeks or 37 weeks. Baby will come when it's ready.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, you can wait. Baby will come when baby is ready. 36 weeks isn't always term. My son was in a NICU being forced to eat and breathe at 38 weeks because he just wasn't ready. I know it's exciting momma! But don't risk yours and baby's safety over a few weeks! Best wishes!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• just wait.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yeah theres really nothing you can do, the baby will come when s/hes ready!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Mine got smaller with each pregnancy... don't count on size. Also, boys develop slower than girls, esp lung function, Every day in the womb is like a week outside (as far as physical development) when you get to the end of your term, better to be patient, they come when they are ready. Speeding up mother nature is dangerous.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thanks for all ur answers,its true, im just sooooo excited:)
    guera1977

Comment by guera1977 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i understand the excitement. but wait. wait wait wait. they'll make their debut when your body and when their body is ready.
    Groove

Answer by Groove at 11:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yeah you can wait at 35 weeks you never know you might go in early so i would wait and i went one day past my due date and that sucked but im sure you can wait trust me.
    SunShine07777

Answer by SunShine07777 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• wait! but at like 39+ weeks there is a tea drink i forget the name. and love making hehe will help progress it. if you are late then membrane sweeps usually make it happen within 72 hours of getting it.
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sex - or so the doctor told me when I was ready to have my first baby (and the baby was ready but labor hadn't come yet) . There's something about the sperm that weakens the mucous plug. As your doctor about it - My child is 22 now - This could have been proven as false in the last 22 years - or proven to be a mind trick docs played on us back then. LOL
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010