Are you ok with the idea that an internet retail giant is selling a book defending and condoning pedophilia and child molestation?

Amazon.com has this book for sale:
The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure [Kindle Edition]
Product Description
This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught.

Is Amazon wrong for selling something that promotes pedophilia, or is this just "free speech?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• WTH? This guy should be arrested, he should not be making money off of this perversion.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• and its not his only book but i can't make what the other ones are about. I wonder if its a self publication. Amazon is crazy. not buying or selling anything on there any more. it makes me sick to even think about it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Very wrong, this is not free speech...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• WOW!!! um i think i would actually have to pick up the book and see what exactly the message is thats being put out there. i hope that it isnt saying that its ok to be a pedophile. that would be horrible.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• UGH! I cannot believe the stance Amazon is taking. This is NOT about free speech. It is about Amazon valuing profits over the safety of innocent minors. There is NOTHING Amazon sells that I can't find somewhere else and I will be shopping elsewhere in the future. They are 100% in the wrong for carrying this item and refusing to remove it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ok, re-reading the sentence above im absolutly appalled by it.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Honestly, as much as I know this comment is going to get me bashed, YES, I'm okay with it. I HATE that books like that are out there! Just like I hate that anti-Semitic, White Pride, Anti-Muslim, Anti-Gay or "how to murder" books are out there. BUT, the wonderful thing about this country is the fact that people have the right to write, publish, sell, buy and read anything they choose. So for as appalling as I find the subject matter of this book, I love the idea that it's able to be written & sold. True freedom isn't limited to those who's words are mainstream, and although I believe the book is a catalyst for criminal acts, the book itself is not illegal... People may not want to admit it, but THAT is freedom... I honestly hope no one buys it, but the truth is, the people that will are people who don't need a book to support their actions, if anything the delivery addresses on these sales may give police a place to start...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• throwing up

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sabrina; there's no delivery address when its an e-book.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Amazon has removed the book!!! I'm sure it was in response to media pressure, as many many people alerted local and national news stations to this. I'm glad to see its gone. The first amendment states the crazy author can write the book. It does not state that Amazon must sell it. Thank you Amazon for removing this disgusting book.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010