Teen Son

My 17 son lives with his dad, he moved in with him because I had to many rules. His father lets him homeschool and he is up all night sleeps all day. Now he says he has a sleep disorder. UGH took him to counseling yesterday where the Psychologist tells my son "u like to control things, called me the bad cop and his dad the good cop because I tried to create structure like getting up and going to school. X has now let him drop a class because he did not want to get out of bed, and now might not graduate. I told my x he should drag him out of bed and make him do what he is supposed to do and he said then he will, have a total melt down. I said who cares when is he going to learn "reality" if you continue letting him get his way. Dont know what to do??? UGH

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know how your the bad cop and I find it hard to believe that this Psychologist called you the bad cop and his father is the good cop. Children need struture no matter what age they are. You should talk with your lawyer that settled your divorce. Other then that your being the parent your child needs. Momma just keep in mind that your child is 17 he is a year from 18 and once he turns 18 you have no say in anything. This boy of yours will make his bed and he will have to lay in it. If he wants to be a fuck off and not listen don't save hios ass when he really needs you allow him to learn life lesson and remind him of the decisions he is making. Dropping out of school will get him NO WHERE in this world now a days. Good luck momma kids will be kids. Love him as much as you always have :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds like you are the only one looking out for the best interest for your son and being a parent. Dad seems like he just wants to be his friend or just doesn't really want to be bothered with it all. Idk  what you can do. Just keep on EX to keep on son + you keep on son. Your EX needs to get on board and put up an UNITED FRONT and back you to keep this boy in line and what you and your ex decide, back each other up and make him do what he needs to do. GL.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well do you pay child support? if you do, you will not have to pay if he is not going to school (while I understand you prob would rather him go to school) that might be the push your x needs to kick his butt in gear.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When I got a divorce both me & the x had to take class & they referred to my x as a Disneyland dad & it was true he was. The only thing I can say is get your x, son, & yourself into counseling for your son's health sake. Good luck & I wish you the best.
    Shelbegto

Answer by Shelbegto at 5:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010