Should I complain to the landlord?

I live in an apartment building that has 3 apartments. There is us and another family and the third apartment is empty. We all share the same washer and dryer in the basement. Every time I go down there to wash clothes there is a smelly load in the washer and sometimes the dryer that smells like it has been there for day's. Yesterday I went down there to wash clothes and took their load out of the washer so I could use it and put it in their basket. When my load was done I switched it to the dryer and found another load there. So I put that one on the dryer and used the dryer. I just went down there a few minutes ago to wash another load and their stinky crap is STILL sitting there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I definitely would politely ask the neighbors to not leave their clothes there. If you go to the landlord, it could backfire. You have to live with these ppl. You don't want them to be cruel(I've seen it happen and lived in apts for years)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would talk to them about it first. Going to the management first is kind of a backstab move (or atleast they will see it that way)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe if I start throwing their stuff on the dirty floor they will stop leaving it down there so long.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Irritating!

Put a note on their apartment door as a gentle reminder. Say you found their clothes in the laundry room, so you just left them there. If you find them there in the future, you'll ___________ (fill in the blank) _______________ unless they have another suggestion.

There's no need to call them or have a face-to-face over this.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yeah... I'd complain if the washer and dryer privileges are included in the rent, and I assume they are...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010